Monday, July 13, 2009

Midsummer Update


After a week at NFL Nationals (Megan Fountain placed 4th in Storytelling- yea!) and three weeks at debate camp, I'm glad to finally be back home. I'm still a bit brainfried and physically exhausted by the hours kept at camp, but after a day or two of vegging out and catching up on Trueblood episodes, I'm almost back to normal. I still have a ton of ideas and lesson plans to sort through from my little stay at camp. While I was away, the Hubbster's watering regime yielded these awesome tomato plants

My pitcher also survived with no cracking, probably due to me not fooling with it since I was out of town. Another month or two and I'll have the money for the ac/heater for the garage. In the meantime, I've had the lame-o excuse of being out of town to explain my lack of potting. I just went out to add a photo of the pitcher and I've realized the handle looks rediculous...I've also discovered some kind of bug that has decided my greenware makes for a nice home. All of this is a sign that I need to throw and fire more than once every 6 months. How humiliating. Well, in this heat, it will just have to wait.

On a more positive note, I had great success with my attempts at developing my pinhole camera film (4x5) and making some argyrotype prints. That, at least, I can do in airconditioning.

More posts soon with photos from my trip to Phily last Spring. Better late than never, eh?


No comments: